Explore 35 step-by-step how-tos and more than 100 additional tips and tricks for creating a variety of manga characters, animals, and scenes in The Art of Drawing Manga.
With 144 pages of in-depth instruction and hundreds of reference images, The Art of Drawing MangaÂ is suitable for all manga artists and enthusiasts, regardless of skill level or age. From learning the basics of drawing archetypal characters with intriguing personalities to creating action-packed poses and even drawing entire manga scenes from scratch, this is the ultimate guide to creating all things manga. This book shows how to draw people and animals, develop intriguing characters, create eye-catching poses and scenes, and write stories and dialog for a manga book.
- All instruction is easy to follow, so you can quickly learn to draw different faces and expressions, hairstyles, clothing and accessories, animals (both real and fictional), heroes, villains, sidekicks, and so much more.
- Step-by-step instructions make the drawing process approachable for beginning and aspiring artists.
- Projects range from simple and easy chibis to more detailed scenes with multiple characters in action poses.
- Also included are tips for developing your own style, while looking to common stylesÂ for inspiration.
- Templates at the end of the book allow for easy practice of character faces and poses.
With everything you need to start in the world of manga, The Art of Drawing MangaÂ is your ultimate guide to creating your own characters and developing your own original manga books and stories.
The Collector’s Series offers approachable, step-by-step art instruction for a variety of mediums and subjects, such as drawing, oil, acrylic, watercolor, cartooning, calligraphy, and more. Perfect for beginning artists, each title features artist tips for drawing or painting anything and everything from people, animals, and still life to flowers, trees, and landscapes.